What Can You Do Without the e-Residency Card
9 June 2022
What happens if you lose your e-residency card? Can you operate the company without it? The answer is yes, as long as you have someone who will do the filing.
Here are some of the things that you can do without the e-residency card.
- Sign the annual report.Yes, for this, you don’t need to have the card; it can be signed via scanned document and submitted to the registry.
- Grant access to your accountant to the tax office.This can also be done without the e-card; it can also be done online.The same applies to
- Registering for VAT/EORI/OSS.
- Granting access to the Estonian statistics
- Granting access to the business registry to submit the annual report.Note that this is a bit tricky; physical mail needs to be sent to the registry in this case.
- Open a bank account. You don’t need an e-residency card to open a bank account for your Estonian company.
As you can see, there are quite a few things that you can do without an e-residency card. So if you lose it, don’t worry – you can still operate your company. Just make sure to have someone who can do the filing for you. And of course, if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us.